Church's Chicken was established in 1952 by a retired incubator salesman named George W. Church, Sr., who accepted the opportunity for a Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) featuring freshly cooked, quality fried chicken at an affordable price. Church's menu attracts a varied audience. Although they are best known for their original or spicy fried chicken, they also serve other in-house specialties like macaroni, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, chicken rice, french fries, com- on-the cob and the original Honey Butter Biscuits.
Initially the restaurant sold only chicken, but fries and jalapeños were added in 1955. The company had four restaurants when George W. Church died in 1956. Rapid growth followed, and Church's became the second-largest chicken restaurant chain in 1989. The brands had their supply lines consolidated but were still marketed as separate chains.
Church's Chicken is a highly recognized brand name in the Quick Service Restaurant sector and is one of the largest quick-service chicken concepts in the World.